Recently, I was able to allocate some time towards a personal project . Through my work with CC4 and iClone, I found that they provide a pipeline tool that eases character setup in Unity. My background in Unity goes back to 2010, and I have a constant desire to delve into real-time rendering. Hence, I saw this as a great chance to revisit this field. Unity has undergone a lot of changes, and as a graphics enthusiast, it was exciting to experiment with the HDRP render pipeline.
For this particular scene, I experimented with some of the high-quality, free models from Kitbash3d. I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome that was achieved in the game engine. I also spent some time refining the character import process from Reallusion to Unity and produced a quick video clip to showcase the results. For this scene I've played around with some of the free quality models from Kitbash3d. I was pretty stoked with the result what you could achieve in the game engine. I tinkerd some more with the character import in from reallusion to Unity and rendered this quick clip.
Lynn Lewis is a highly skilled female spy and burglar. She is known for her cunning abilities, quick thinking, and attention to detail. With her expertise in stealth and espionage, Lynn is often called upon to carry out covert operations and gather sensitive information. Despite the danger that comes with her line of work, Lynn is fearless and always ready for a challenge. Whether she is infiltrating a heavily guarded facility or making a daring escape, she is always up for the task.
The wonderful CC extended facial rig in action
Using the built-in animations in CC4 allows for a thorough evaluation of the character design. It allows you to check the positioning of the teeth and tongue, as well as the alignment of all elements of the eyes, making it a valuable tool in the design process.
I won't go into too much detail about the character creation, but I am very pleased with the result. I recently had the chance to immerse myself in Marvelous Designer during a commercial project. Although I am unable to share that project at this time, I still wanted to incorporate my newfound knowledge and skills into this personal project.
For the design of the suit, I drew inspiration from the animated spy series, Archer. Although I still need to finalize the design, the concept is well on its way and closely resembles the direction it needs to go.
For character animation, I wanted to explore the use of Cascadeur in combination with iClone in my pipeline. What sets Cascadeur apart is its ability to calculate the balance of the character based on the animation, resulting in a highly natural movement. I was thrilled to find that I could easily drag and drop the exported FBX onto the character in iClone, with no complications, making the process incredibly seamless and efficient.
In iClone, I was able to further enhance the animation by refining facial expressions and hand movements, and by setting up constraints and blocking out the camera animation. This allowed me to bring even more life to the character and create a more immersive experience for the viewer.
I had the intention of creating a compact chase scene on a rooftop. At first, I thought I could leave out the entity the character is fleeing from, but later I decided that it would be cool to include a drone as the aggressor. Realizing that building a drone model from scratch would be a significant undertaking, I searched Sketchfab for a suitable model and ultimately chose one that fit my needs;
Currently, I am in the process of refining the model by cleaning it up and making design modifications to suit my preferences. My plan is to texture it using Substance Designer, but first I need to give it a proper UV layout using RizomUV.
Thank you for taking the time to read my update on this project. This concludes the first part of the project, and I will keep you posted on any further developments. Stay tuned for more updates!