2021 iClone Lip-Sync Animation Contest - (Do Right, Jessica Rabbit)

So I've changed quite a bit again. I really liked the lighting on the last one so that one is there to stay but will get back in there in a later stage. I started the last hair on 05_Wavy Bob Hair. This is available with the toon But it proved hard to get it right and the mesh is triangulated which made it even more difficult to adjust. This hairmodel comes with the toon figures from Reallusion.

 The hair still bothered me so I went back in to ZBrush. 

Hair is quite difficult but I finally came up with a nice hairdo which is in line with Jessica's original design.

Here are some iteration of the animation and lip synch. Will add some camera editing as well but for the sake of the lip-synch I did it like this for now.

First and automatic.


Refine pass 1

Refine pass 2

I noticed that it is hard work the accu lips on mixed down audio with a lot of noise in it and because it is singing I had to time a lot by hand.

2021 iClone Lip-Sync Animation Contest - (Do Right, Jessica Rabbit)

It still needs a lot of refinement but I like where it is going. Sorry about the low audio but hey it is a wip.

2021 iClone Lip-Sync Animation Contest - (Do Right, Jessica Rabbit)

I've decided to join in iClone Lip-Sync Contest and create something fun. The goal is create a Lip Sync animation scene based on a favourite scene. "Who framed Roger Rabbit" is one of my favorite movies and this film holds up even today and I wanted to create a bit of the nightclub scene.


It is still very rough and in the early stages but it's getting there. The hair is a place holder and I need to refine the model and do the tedious weight-painting on the dress. 


Detailpass on the clothing and blocking in the hair.

Unreal Deepdive

For several jobs I had to go into unreal engine lately. So to understand it even better I decided to recreate one of stahlenhags works. (https://www.simonstalenhag.se/). It is still a work in progress but I am learing so much and it is nice to bring a lot of skills and techniques together. Soon I'll have some close encounters with parkinglots.Have a great summer.




Alien Scout Rift One Development II.75

Textured the eyes and finished up the helmet.


Alien Scout Rift One Development II.5

Just a quick render in between, keep an eye on my blog for updates.


Alien Scout Rift One Development II


Here is another update for the Alien Scout. I've started to work on the helmet from start to finish because in the item I could extract how the rest is going to be handled. First I roughly blocked in the shape and ideas.

I wasn't to concerned to work on the cloth yet and focused on the panels first.

  

Once I was happy with the panels I could finish those up and start working on the cloth in ZBrush.

  
Once I was happy with the shape of the fabric I could bring the pieces together in one mesh.
I imported the final mesh into painter. In this case it was the game mesh which has around 3k poly count.  And textured the helmet in Substance Painter.

To get a indication of the overal character I made a quick setup with the finished parts in Marmoset. Now I have a solid lead on how to tackle the rest of the outfit. More in part III when I am that far.


Alien Scout Rift One Development

Hello world! Yes I am still alive and I want to share some proces on my latest work. So I've been working on this character for Rift One, An indie game currently under develpoment by Data 7. This is the concept I had to work from made by Jimi.

In Zbrush I roughly setup the shape using Zspheres and then got to the dynamesh phase.

When the shape had everything blocked in I did a retopo in c4d.

I do this in c4d because I am quick with the modelling tools but it could be any 3d application. The mesh is really low poly but it has enough support for the overall shape. Once done I brought it back in to Zbrush with UV maps in place.

I did not do any (re)projection and started to work on subdivsion level 2. Level 1 will get deleted because it's to low poly.

I also did a quick polypaint to get and idea of the colors and have a base for the texturing phase.
Here I also started blocking in some elements of the outfit. I currently need to work on those to get the character complete. But for now I wanted to focus on the skin texture in substance painter. So once I had all the details in place I exported the poly paint as textures and setup everything in substance painter.

This was the first setup I've made but I wasn't entirely satisfied. I had to experiment a bit with the best way to get the details from Zbrush in substance painter. In the end I baked the information using a high res model and cleaned up the baked maps.

This is the result so far. The mesh is split up in 4 uv tiles using UDIM.

I also did a quick setup to see if the mesh was ok to rig quickly in Blender using Auto Rig Pro. This went like a breeze and I only had to clean up the weights of the head. 

That's it for now. Next on the list is blocking the outfit and create clean topo for those and texture everything. The character will end up in Unity3D. I hope you enjoyed this quick making of.

Finished the pneumatic rig on the Eames chair.


Eames Kit-bash

Working on a sci-fi piece. And I've been messing around with some ideas and mechanical rigging.


#mayonnaise3d #cinema4d #eameschair #eamesloungechair #scifiart #rigging #mechanicalrigging #discover #explorepage #animation